Are you planning to develop a peer-to-peer resource similar to TaskRabbit? Let’s explore what aspects shall be taken into account to design a reliable and valuable solution.
Targeted demographics of platforms like TaskRabbit
Such p2p marketplaces usually have the following groups of the audience:
- Clients. Those are people who don’t have time, desire, or necessary skills to take care of specific domestic work. Thus, they’re ready to pay a certain amount to get that housework done.
- Taskers. This group of users is eager to provide household services. They just need to fill in a form to specify what professional skills they have so clients can find them.
Hints and tips on building a demanded solution for taskers
It’s pretty clear that a service like TaskRabbit will have more chances to turn successful in a country that doesn’t have similar software. However, no need to get upset if you already have one in your region, since to create an online marketplace and to make it popular you simply need to maintain particular conditions, for instance:
- find taskers who will be willing to provide certain housework services;
- get clients who need some help with day-to-day routine;
- study the infrastructure of your region, otherwise, it doesn’t make much sense to launch your startup if there’s only one takeout restaurant, or, let’s say, no lawns that must be cut.
The last point is quite critical since in case there’s no demand for performing domestic services, don’t even start it.
Marketplace must-have functionalities
When choosing features wisely, your online system will get greater chances to become sought after.
Obviously, the financial aspect matters here. In case you’re somewhat limited with your budget, you’re free to launch an MVP version adding the most essential features in the first place. Eventually, you’ll upgrade your resource as you see fit. We shall distinguish what functions are mandatory to provide your users with.
- Check-In. There’s no way to avoid the registration process in this regard. Such an aspect is exceptionally critical since you as an owner have to ensure safe cooperation between taskers and clients. Your duty is to double-check the accounts of taskers who claim to offer particular household services. It’s about monetary relationships, thus, proper security is a must.
- Profiles. Accounts shall provide users’ names, contact info, the nature of services offered, the rate, and the like. The possibility to include the link to previous works will be a great advantage. Taskers’ accounts could also provide ratings and reviews of people who had a chance to deal with them.
- Descriptions of work. Individuals who need specific tasks to be completed shall be able to post the description of that work. Just think of a simple form for clients to fill out, so taskers will see what it’s all about and whether they can take care of it.
- Searching system. The matching engine shall be designed to help clients find taskers who will comply with all their requirements. Such a filter-based search has to include diverse criteria, say, location, prices, work descriptions, and the like. Moreover, users need to have a chance to visit pages of candidates to learn more about them.
- Payment tools. Built-in payment gateways are to provide the possibility to carry out financial transactions, which means clients will be capable of sending money to taskers for the work performed. In this regard, it’s vital to take care of data security.
- Communication means. Both parties need to get in touch with each other to talk about the details. Thus, your software shall provide the required tools for audio, text, as well as video messaging.
- Reviews. In the best-case scenario, it would be perfect to also include the rating system since those two options allow the audience to share their experience of collaborating with each other.
If you follow our recommendations, you’ll manage to come up with an in-demand p2p marketplace. We wish your business prosperity.